Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Tooth Hurty....

 I babysit my nephew for my mom while she goes to school and work. Today after she got finished with school she had a dentist appointment, she was suppose to take Daylin, Justin and me to her house before her appointment, but she was running a little late, so we had to tag along. Luckily Justin slept the whole time, Daylin on the other hand, well he was probably the exact opposite. Before my mom went back to see the dentist he wasn't very bad, but as soon as she left he decided to take it to the max. He absolutely did not want to sit down and watch the movie that was on, he wanted to run around. However, I did not.
 There was kicking, screaming and even head butting, I didn't know what to do. I threatened with time out and taking him out to the car, with which he decided time out was better, but he didn't want the time out to be where I wanted the time out to be, and it began all over again. Finally I just gave in and let him sit in time out where he wanted to, but once there if I even so much as looked at him he started screaming at me "DON'T LOOK AT ME!!!" After a few minutes he calmed down and sat quietly in his chair, when he started to be smiley again I thought he was ready to behave, so I asked him if he wanted to sit by me now and he graciously excepted the invitation. For the rest of the appointment we sat together and read magazines. I'm so thankful that Justin slept the whole time, I have no idea how I would have handled a crying baby and a tantrum throwing 3 year old, I'm sure one day I will though.

No comments:

Post a Comment